This past year (Fall 2018) I took a DSP (digital signal processing) class at Cedarville University. At the end of the class, as a final project we had to implement something “cool” using the techniques we learned in the rest of class on a Raspberry Pi. This was supposed to be done using the Raspberry Pi package for Simulink Coder.
For my project, I decided to implement a digital reverb unit; as I thought it would be interesting. I also thought it would be fun to add reverb to my music library. The reverb unit was first implemented in Matlab and Simulink for testing on a desktop, then the filters were ported to C++ so that they could be directly implemented on the Pi without using Simulink coder.
A sample input and output (along with all the code needed for the C++ implementation are available on github). The files Invention_no1.mp3 and Invention_no1_reverb.mp3 are the input and output files respectively.
This post does not go into the math behind digital signal processing, mostly because I did not feel like writing about it. I might eventually, but I probably won’t.
Continue reading “C++ Reverb – DSP Final Project”